Friday, July 16, 2010

New Book Love!

(photo from STC/Melanie Falick Gallery)



So Knitting 24/7 (gallery link) is my new favorite book:

-30 patterns, all of which look interesting to knit, and most of which I would actually wear

-5 lace scarf/wrap pieces and and 5 sock patterns (you know, the only two things I knit anymore)

-I love the detail on each pattern.  The cover socks, for example, are a nice but not exceptional lace pattern, BUT they also have a garter heel and toe. Sweeeeet.

-These are supposed to be on-the-go patterns, so most, while having the detail I mentioned above, have some degree of simplicity built in.  The lace patterns are short repeats, the fitted garments are one piece types, and the colorwork is only two... colors.  Well.  Some didn't seem to hit the "portable" mark for me, but everyone's different!

-The photos!  Everybody appreciates nice photos in a pattern book, but these seem to be especially stylish (I mean, the knee socks are worn with those trendy gladiator booties) with a hint of vintage (which you know I love.)  Also, there's a touch of reality in the photos that gives me an impression of actual wearability.  The lace stole isn't hanging out somewhere casual; it's dressed up for a night out.  The slippers are worn with cut-offs and the prop is a vacuum.  Because that's how you'd wear them.

In short, I love it.  Come get one.  :)

No comments: