Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Big Ol' Bobbin-full





I finished spinning and plying my PRS merino/soysilk, and I have to say that love it.



160 yds/116 grams
DK (11 wpi)
chain-plied


Check out the fat bobbin!


I chose to chain ply it, for a couple of reasons.
- Triple ply yarns (and their imitators) have a more satisfying look and squish, in my opinion, than two-ply yarns
- Pigeonroof colorways look amazing when the sequence is preserved, as in chain plying

See my swatches, here?


These are my socks. They're knit with a traditional two-ply.


This is a swatch from the chain plying I did with the singles left on my bobbin. Don't the colors look much less diffused this way? I want to spin up a whole bunch of PRS yarn like this, but I can't lie - I love the way it turns out both ways.

One of these days I may be able to get another 4 oz. of the Harlequin or Marigold or Harvest colorways in BFL or merino before they're all sold out! (arg!)

1 comment:

Miresse said...

Loving the blog so far! The pictures are really fantastic! I'd love to see your take on the Handmaiden Sea Silk, mostly because I know you would make something amazing with it and I could live vicariously through you at the same time!