Friday, November 7, 2008

S-U-P-E-R


Pigeonroof merino/soysilk in Bitter Orange

Alec decided to play "Super Sprode" by Freezepop when I began to spin this morning. Oddly, it was excellent spinning music! Perhaps it reminded my synapses function at Rock Band levels.

I've been spinning fiber from Pigeonroof Studios (or, as someone put it, "that lady you've been stalking") and it's wonderful. It's always a little bit of a surprise to see how a fiber will spin up, and this one's much darker than I thought it would be.





Oh, did you notice? I keep A Fine Fleece nearby for inspiration.




This book is lovely. Every pattern has a description and a model of both the handspun and commercial yarns used. I may have to go over my recent and zealous book acquisitions in a separate post soon.

My knitting will remain photo-less, for now. I'm finishing up my gift knitting, and I don't want any spoilers.

No comments: