Wednesday, November 19, 2008

On the finishing side

I worked out the mitten thing. Ripping back to top of the first mitten and finishing them both with blue made a passable pair.

I ended up with four pairs! (I'm pretty happy about that.) These are going off to Afghanistan today.



Next up for finishing is a lace cowl from my handspun.


This was from this fiber.



It's 50/50 merino and tencel from Tactile, and I have to say that I loved spinning, love knitting with it, and I'm going to love wearing it. (Psst - we'll be carrying this fiber blend soon!)

I met with Maia and Brooke from Tactile last week. Let me tell you, these ladies are awesome. I could explain how they are knowledgeable but make you feel comfortable, or how they have a great sense of humor, but I'm hoping that you'll get to meet them sometime at LLK!

And for another topic change:

We're doing a charity knit- and crochet-a-long! We talked to Homeward Bound of Marin, which helps Marin County folks transition from homelessness to financial independence, and they could use some warm hats and scarves. Adult and children's sizes are needed and unisex items are useful! All items can be dropped off at Llama Llama Knit before December 19th.

To kick it off, we're offering 15% off yarn purchased to make these items! (Stay tuned; there will be more!)

I'll be keeping updates here as well as on Ravelry.

No comments: